The team at San Rafael Medical Center has compiled the following resources for our patients:
- Berkeley Wellness – Berkeley Wellness, in collaboration with the University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health, is the leading online resource for evidence-based wellness information. They are committed to providing positive health and medical tips to help you make decisions that improve your well being, both in mind and in body.
- Harvard Health – Harvard Health Publications is the media and publishing division of the Harvard Medical School of Harvard University, under the direction of Dr. Gregory Curfman, Editor in Chief. The goal of their publications is to bring people around the world the most current health information that is authoritative, trustworthy, and accessible, drawing on the expertise of the 10,000+ faculty physicians at Harvard Medical School.
- North American Menopause Society – Founded in 1989, The North American Menopause Society (NAMS) is North America’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the health and quality of life of all women during midlife and beyond through an understanding of menopause and healthy aging.
Clinical References & Patient Education
- Calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI) – Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on your weight in relation to your height, and applies to most adult men and women aged 20 and over.
- Dash Diet – a diet plan for healthy weight loss and preventing hypertension
- National Center for Complementary and Health – The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) is the Federal Government’s lead agency for scientific research on the diverse medical and health care systems, practices, and products that are not generally considered part of conventional medicine.
- National Institute of Health – The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the nation’s medical research agency — making important discoveries that improve health and save lives.
- Spiritual Education: Spirit Rock Center – Spirit Rock’s caring teachers, staff and volunteers create a supportive environment for turning inward and letting go of the struggles that get in the way of experiencing the freedom and joy that are inherent in every moment of life.